Call for two participants from The Netherlands in an international project in the field of drugs
We are urgently seeking two individuals from The Netherlands to support an international project related to parental response to children's drug use. The project requires social media and event management ability skills. This is not a full time position but compensation for flights and accommodation to all international meetings in Turkey, Lithuania and Portugal are provided.
EURAD is urgently seeking two individuals to take part in an Erasmus+ Programme on public health communications and advocacy.
The project will build a communications strategy based on health communication research during four five-day international workshops, which will then feed into a media campaign in The Netherlands.
The four international workshops will take place as follows:
25- 29th May 2015 - Istanbul, Turkey
8th - 12th June 2015 - Vilnius, Lithuania
September 2015 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands (date to be defined)
5-9th October 2015 - Lisbon, Portugal
A final closing meeting of the partners will also take place from 2-5th November 2015 in Istanbul, Turkey.
The topic of the campaign will be based on parental attitudes to drugs, with the exact campaign message being informed by primary research in The Netherlands which will be commissioned separately.
The project will engage university students in The Netherlands in an international media competition, where students will be asked to submit creative videos which address the research findings. Competition winners will be selected by national juries and national winners will then go forward to the international competition, where an award ceremony will be held in Istanbul.
- Resident of The Netherlands
- Member or volunteer of EURAD (external individuals or organisations may be acceptable if they are willing to apply for membership of EURAD)
- Experience related to communications and media is strongly preferred
- Experience of drug prevention, drug treatment or drug policy is preferred
- Commitment to participate in all of the four five day international workshops listed above and the closing meeting is essential
- Skills and knowledge of how to network with universities in The Netherlands regarding the advertising of the media competition is essential
- Skills to convene a high-level national jury for the media competition is essential
- Skills to promote the project through social media is essential
- Ability to work as part of an international team is essential
- High to fluent level of both Dutch and English is essential (ideally native Dutch speaker with English as a second language)
- Ability to organise five-day training session in The Netherlands in September, including booking venues, arranging agenda and course materials and liaising with external partner organisations.
This is not a funded position however flights and accommodation for all international events listed in this advert will be provided to the two chosen candidates.
Please send a CV and a cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification to fay.watson@eurad by midnight of Sunday 19th April 2015.