Date for your Diary: International Addiction Conference
The conference "CHALLENGES IN THE FIELD OF ADDICTION – DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWERS?" with international participation will be held at the Hotel Medena, Trogir (Croatia) from 10th - 12th October 2016.
Ministry of Social Policy and Youth, Ministry of Health and Euro TC, with the expert support of the Office for Combating Drugs Abuse of the Croatian Government are organizing the conference intended for government bodies and local/regional governments, experts, non-governmental organizations, professional employees in the health and social welfare system and health, and the judiciary authorities responsible in the area of addiction.
It will consist of plenary sessions, workshops and a roundtable and aims at strengthening the cooperation of bodies competent in the field of addiction through the exchange of new scientific knowledge and good practice.
Conference registration deadline: 12 September 2016
Detailed information on how to apply for a conference and the conference program available here.
The main topics of the Conference include:
1. Developing access to prevention and treatment of new and existing drug users
2. Prevention and treatment of addictive behaviors: gambling and ICT addictions
3. Towards coherent policies in the area of addictions -can we work together?
4. The concept of recovery - reducing social stigma and improving of treatment, rehabilitation and social reintegration of drug addicts
5. New approaches to rehabilitation and psycho-social treatment in therapeutic communities and associations - program standards and establishing a network of therapeutic communities
6. Pharmacotherapy and psychosocial treatment in the prison system and probation – cooperation with bodies outside the judicial system
7. Treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation of women with addiction problems
8. Treatment of juveniles with addiction problems
9. Care for children of addicts - challenges of cooperation of different systems
10. Developing treatments for addicted persons with psychiatric comorbidity
11. Evaluation of treatment - key issues of treatment on which the evaluation can provide an answer
12. Local treatment policies - good practice examples of networking and collaboration among the different systems
13. Reducing mortality (overdose) and emergence of drug substitution therapy on the illegal drug market
There is no conference registration fee.